Top-level management of the Bureau of Metrology is defined by the Quality Committee, which is appointed by the Director of the Bureau. The Quality Committee is made of the Director, the Technical Manager, the Quality Manager, the Technical Manager Deputy and the Quality Manager Deputy. The president of the Quality Committee is the Director of the Bureau, and the technical manager is her assistant. The quality Committee works and decides at its sessions.
The Quality Committee’s tasks are periodic review, and, if necessary, revision of quality management system documents, with the aim of providing constant suitability and conformity with applicable requirements; planning of establishment, implementation, and maintenance of the quality management system in all laboratories of the Bureau; providing that the integrity of the quality management system is maintained when planning and implementing changes in the management system; conveying to the laboratory staff the importance of meeting the users’ requests and the requirements laid down in regulations and other normative documents; as well as analysis of quality costs.
One of the main jobs of the Quality Committee is a periodic review of the quality management system and activities of calibrations in the laboratories, with the purpose of providing their permanent suitability and effectiveness, and introducing necessary changes or improvements. These reviews include:
- Analysis of realization of adopted quality policy and quality aims;
- Analysis of reports from management and supervisory staff;
- Analysis of results of internal and external quality system checks;
- Effectiveness of implemented corrective and actions to address the risks and opportunities, and improvement recommendations;
- Evaluation of quality management system by external bodies;
- Analysis of results of carried out inter-laboratory comparisons;
- Changes in the workload and type of work;
- Feedback from users – customer satisfaction surveys analysis;
- Analysis of complaints and manners of their solving;
- Resource analysis;
- Budget analysis for activities of providing quality;
- Analysis of reports on realized staff training sessions.