In the era of trade globalization, national quality infrastructure is an impetus for the economic and social development of countries. The Bureau of Metrology, established by the Government of Montenegro on September 14, 2006, by the Decree amending the Decree on State Administration Organization and Manner of Work of September 29, 2006, represents a very important segment of the national quality infrastructure.
Decree amending the Decree on State Administration Organization and Manner of Work (Official Gazette of Montenegro 87/18, 02/19, 38/19 and 18/20) prescribes that the Bureau of Metrology carries out the following activities:
- Ensuring application of the system of legal units of measurement;
- Realization, keeping, maintaining and improving the measurement standards of Montenegro;
- Ensuring metrological traceability for calibration laboratories, testing and control laboratories;
- Organization of calibration activities;
- Assessment of conformity of measuring instruments with metrological requirements;
- Provision of expert opinion for authorization of laboratories for verification of measuring instruments;
- Representing Montenegro in international and regional metrology organizations and ensuring cooperation in the field of metrology;
- Metrological control;
- Control of precious metal articles;
- Other tasks within its competence.